Thursday, August 27, 2009

A bad plumbing job


OK about my adventures with this house. It has been a major remodeling job from the beginning. Weellll all that aside I finally got moved in and of course it took a week to get the phone and Internet on. Well I started having problems with my sewer line backing up. If I washed clothes I filled the tub up. It finally got to the point that we could not flush the toilets yesterday. Steve and I both were outside and under the house today trying to find the problem. We finally found it outside just past the concrete slab behind the house. It had been broken at some point in it's life before we moved in. Well guess what like all the plumbing under this house it was never glued at the joints. Who does not glue their plumbing joints together. I know things are rough all over but a can of pipe glue is not that much. So we start digging in the stinky dirt. YUCK and it was a major gusher when we moved some of the dirt we just stepped back and watched. As I write this Steve is on his way to Lowe's For another connector because we cut the pipe outside the house in hopes of draining it. He pulled the whole piece up and we moved some dirt to get the gushing drainage. So It is another day of fixing bad construction I really need to find good contractors.

1 comment:

  1. That's not looking really nice. It's great that there are professional plumbers you can rely on. They are equipped with the right tools and expertise in dealing with such matter.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line anytime. Tell me what you thought