Monday, June 15, 2009

single parent

Some day's you have to wonder how you survived. I am a single mom with two great kids although sometimes I wonder about them. I know every parent out there has those days. But as a single mom it is tough to fill both sets of shoes needed by your kids. You try to juggle work, family time, homework time, and still if your lucky alone time for mom or dad. I know its rough out there. The job I currently have I have 2 days a week that I'm at work 15hrs a day. I work 4 days total and I'm going to school full time. You add kids to that and it's real tough, but possible. I know single mom's with 2 jobs. Heck I give them a thumbs up. I'm sure someone else has it worse that I do. Keep on trying is all I can say.

My six year old son has recently started on a new approach that he thinks will keep him out of trouble. It's called flatter mom when she yells at me. I think it's kinda cute but it doesn't work the way he wants it to. Especially after he hits his sister with a monster truck. I mean what was he thinking right. My 8 year old daughter sets her brother up as the fall guy every chance she gets. By now I've figured it out if she instantly claims innocence and her brother did it all she probably started it. I love the moments where they do those crazy things most kids do when they shut their little brains off. Your sitting there scratching your head asking why. For example my daughter at times can be a bit of a flake, but we were watching NCIS the other day on dvd and the one episode "See no Evil" was highlighted she reads it to me then asked Mom how do you spell evil. I just looked at her she's joking right. So I had to ask why did she need me to spell when she read it to me off the tv screen. So she points to the words and again reads the title and still wants me to spell it. My 6yr old promtly starts in E.V.I.L can't you read that. We all laughed after that but I do wonder why.

2 comments:

  1. Kids are wacky sometimes, but they make for great stories don't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they do but sometimes you have to wonder what were they thinking. PS thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line anytime. Tell me what you thought